Monday, 30 December 2013

Epic Items, a Timeless tale

So, with patch 5.4 Blizzard introduced the Timeless Isle. For those who don't know, it's basically a place for free 496 gear and to murder your own faction. This gear severely nerfed a lot of markets, making it harder to sell gear, sha crystals and the like.

But, all hope is not lost. For the past few weeks a few people have seemingly agreed that it's really not worth trying to sell epic gear on the Auction House. I have multitude's of the 483 wrist items, which seem to be the ones that people are just putting on the Auction House for 200 gold thinking that's a profit.

My biggest success seems to come from Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands . I've bought probably 5 or 6 of these, with another 2 last night, at prices below 500 gold. Sold them all within the first 48 hour posting cycles for around 1500 gold. This just blows me away.

The other day I was a little naughty (okay, that sounds creepy). Someone was barking in trade chat wanting to sell the cloth wrists. So I messaged him with an offer of 200 gold. He said that it's worth more than that. Damn, I thought, he knows.

I went on to message him and say they don't sell anymore because of the timeless isle, and low and behold, he listened. Sold them to me for 200g and I flipped them that night.

Basically, what I'm saying is just because the Timeless Isle is around, doesn't mean that gear won't sell. It just takes someone lazy, frustrated, or uniformed enough to make your money back.

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. As another note on this, I find that most days I can buy 2-3 MoP epics that disenchant into sha crystals for under 100g per, sha crystals are 150g per on my server, so when I shard those epics, I make 150g in a few seconds, and even more if any of them proc the extra crystal... made me some EASY money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I resell those for more, as 100g is underpriced for most of them

      Delete