Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Auto-barking Rollout!

So, I haven't made a blog post in a week. That kind of slipped my mind. But here I am with another post.

So, this week I wanted to cover Auto-Barking. This phenomenon was brought to my attention by one of my fellow gold-goblins on Barthilas, which helped me stream line my own barking and has cut down on time I actually have to pay attention to my computer.

So, first you need to download Guild Recruitment Helper.

While this addon is designed for Guild recruitment (obviously), we can use it for our own nefarious needs to sell items and such.

Once you have it downloaded, it is easy to set up. Simply, go into the Interface options and you will find something like this:

Now, technically you should have the options a little higher than I have it set. But my server already hates me, so I don't mind. Every 3 minutes seems to work well for me, and the spam filter at zero means it always will send the message.

If you have the spam filter higher, it can send the message ONLY if 10 lines of text (or 20, 30, etc.) have been sent. That way, you avoid spamming in non-peak time and such.

To set up your message, you just type into the box. Hitting enter will mean you have two separate barks, but they both get sent together. You can also shift-click items into the box, which is a lot easier than the normal barking macros. One option I would love is to alternate them or have a whole list of different barks that cycle through. I have a lot of stuff I want to bark ^_^

Make sure you click the little accept underneath, otherwise it doesn't save. In the general tab, click Enable Addon and you are a go. The one thing you need to keep in mind is that it will take 3 minutes from the last bark to send, and that timer is reset every time you alter the message or when you first put the message in. This means you have to wait 3 minutes (or whatever you set the interval time as) to check your message out.

Thanks to Dollarbills for this wonderful tip off, and hope it works well for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment