Thursday, 6 February 2014

The day Tauna took over the glyph market

Here is a post thanks to Selltacular. Without him, I never would have been able to get to where I am. This is a guide on how to get into the glyph market, to the extreme in my case.

Now, everyone has probably heard that glyphs are great money. They really can be, but it takes a lot of effort. With no Uni, no job and barely much else to do at the moment, I can dedicate myself to keeping these auctions at the best price. However, it takes a fair chunk of maintenance. At the moment, I contend with around four people, with 2 being almost certainly bots. It makes it hard at times to keep my prices at the lowest available, but as you can see I can do it.


So, where do you start? Selltacular made us a great post with groups to start with. This enables you to have a giant blank for posting and cancelling items with the use of an Auctioning operation. Without this, you need to post and cancel by hand.

Now, I made every glyph that makes me profit and three of each. A bit overkill, maybe. But I wanted to just take over the whole thing. This way, I can have nearly every glyph in stock at one time and not miss potential sales. Using TSM's Crafting queue, I just added three of each glyph until I had them all stocked up. Took a fair while to craft, but definitely worth it.


And that was basically it. I used my Auctioning operation to post them all, and the rest is history as they say.

4 comments:

  1. Just because someone uses Trade Skill Master, doesn't make them a bot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously. The point I am making is that they are bots. Online 24/7, undercutting instantly no matter what.

      Delete
  2. Isn't there a chance that the other people you're competing against worry that you're a bot, in a similar way that you see them as such, since you're able to dedicate so much time to undercutting?

    Speaking as someone with a full time job while also fairly active on the auction house, I just don't see a sense of achievement or accomplishment in being able to dedicate large chunks of time undercutting competitors. When your market is every single glyph, what you've essentially done here is remove other peoples ability to make gold off one of their professions, Kudos for the gold, but I'm not sure i'd be able to stomach the price.

    I play on a server with someone who posts every single profitable enchant, glyph, pot, flask, gem and item enhancement. They're online at least 18-19 hours a day, seven days a week, and they undercut within 30 seconds of their prices being beaten. It's not a bot- just someone with that much time on their hands. Most people play for fun, but when you play the game as a career, you' run the risk of ruining other peoples enjoyment.

    Anyways, just my 2c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not sure if I like you, or hate you. I like you because you made me try out the glyph market again. I hate you because I'm on overpopulated server and I know how this little experiment will go. I'll leave a comment if I don't drive myself insane in a few days :)

    ReplyDelete