Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Tauna's Road to Gold Cap

Hello readers!

[I forgot to add, follow and message me on Twitter (@Goldtauna) if you have any questions]

As you may have seen from my latest post, I have hit gold cap! One million gold is now mine, and I just have to figure out what I want to spend it on.

So, this post is going to be about my path traveled to reach this milestone and how I went about becoming a millionaire.

I began by looting a 'Blade of Wizardry'. I sold it on the Auction House, and later discovered I could have sold it for a lot more. But this initial 10,000g was what I needed to start. I had been bitten by the gold making bug and the venom spread like wildfire.

When I first began gold-making, my mindset was that the only way I would earn gold was through farming. I would farm herbs or ores, just selling them on the Auction House. Any green items or blue items would just be sold to a vendor. One of the first things I changed when I began gold-making was this mentality. Everything has a value in game. No matter how worthless something may be to me, out there is a buyer. I began looking at the prices of everything using the TSM AuctionDB and WoWuction modules, which made it a lot easier to decide what I would bother trying to sell.

So, how did I make the money? Simple, yet effective methods.

I began with the Fortune Exchange Market. These Mysterious Fortune Cards made me a killing when I first started gold making, but now I can barely be bothered making them. They are great for if I am going AFK for a few minutes though.

Alliance to Horde pets and flipping inks also made me a chunk of gold. The pets are time consuming if you don't have Alliance characters, but certainly worth the effort.

Checking for cheap deals and making sure I listed things for the right price were both valuable lessons, and I certainly learnt them after a few mistakes early on. If you don't list things for the right price, either they won't sell or people will pick them up far too cheap and you miss out on gold!

Jewelcrafting Panthers are one of the things that I love making and selling. Definitely one of the things that made me a lot of money, and still does today. Making batches of 1 or 2 panthers of each colour and barking them in trade chat, I can sell them in 48 hours or less.

I made sure to investigate various markets; with three I liked being Inscription PvP trinkets415 Crafted Gear and Drums of Rage. I also never made a blog post about it, but Mammoth Mining Bags. These things are easy to make, with the pattern being gated by Sons of Hodir rep. If you don't mind doing the half hour grind, then you can easily make thousands of gold off of them.

Never rule out some gear to sell, as I learnt. The epic items that most people will sell off cheap because they are no longer 'relevant' will sell very well still.

You need the right mentality to make gold with four simple lessons I taught:
- Flipper's remorse is suffered by even the hardiest goldmakers
- Nothing is 100% profit
- Honey catches more sales than vinegar
- Assets before Gold

Adding on to them, I find loyalty is the best way to get things cheap. Get regular suppliers to send you materials at a discounted price. If they know it's a guarenteed sale, they will go with you.

Loyalty to other people as well. I have found a group on my server selling carries for Normal and Heroic SoO and Challenge Modes. I get a discount with them because I always use them for my needs and am loyal!

There were a couple addons that I covered, along with my pending TSM guide.Getting prices in your tooltips and auto-barking in trade chat were big helpers in my gold making needs.

Did you know there is a lot of money in level 25 guilds? The Darkmoon Faire also offers great opportunities for gold making.

One of my major gold makers was flipping Trading Card Game mounts and pets. I would buy them cheap in trade chat, or off the Auction House, and sell them higher. With a few, I suffered temporary flipper's remorse. Putting 200k into an item, and watching your gold drop is a weird feeling. But in the end, every one paid off. This handy list should help you see the true values of most mounts and pets!


Here is a list of helpful links and resources that I used to reach my million:

PhatLewts' TSM guides. These are invaluable. If you need to learn TSM, go here! (at least until I finish my guides :P )
PhatLewts' Transmog Groups. When I first started transmog, these weren't available, but I wish they were! Simply amazing transmog set up, that will help you set up your own retail store.
- The whole Consortium site. Amazing forums, with amazing people. Any questions you have, go there!
- Gold Making 101: Intro to Goblineering. Just getting started in gold making, go here! My own guide to starting up
- Power Word: Gold. Jim is a legend, and his podcasts and livestreams are great for advanced and basic techniques
- WoWProfitz stream. Great guy, with a great stream. Gold making and more.
- GoblinRaset's stream. Great guy, once again. More gold making techniques, with drunken fun.
- WoWuction and The Undermine Journal are both great for finding deals and cheap items.
- TSM Sniper tool, real time scanning the Auction House for deals! Brilliant!
- Profiting from Pets, you may be sitting on a gold mine right now!
The Official TSM Development forums are a great resource, just please read the stickies before posting!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a record, this was about the WoW Tycoon Addon. Do not buy it! TSM covers all of the features

      Delete